We are so grateful for all the fantastic support we have received thus far, and we are so excited at the opportunity to host you all at Spark:York. HOWEVER…. We are also facing opposition to the project from various corners of York, and still need your support to ensure this happens.
The best way for you to do this, is to show the Council you feel this is a good idea for our City. The more articulate your response the stronger your support.
You can do this via the Council’s planning portal (2 minute registration process) – https://planningaccess.york.gov.uk/online-applications/registered/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=OL1Q9MSJH1S00
If prompted use reference number – 17/00274/FUL
Once registered, please check the ‘Support’ box and add a few words about why you think Spark is good for York. The deadline for responses is 22nd March 2017.
Remember, we are
- providing affordable space for start-up businesses currently priced out of the City. Does this affect you or your friends/family? Are you desperate for different food and drink offerings in York? Need a space to work?
- Focussing on the early evening economy. Do you agree York lacks soul between 4pm – 8pm? Are there safe and inclusive places for families to gather in the City Centre? Do you feel there needs to be an alternative to the drinking culture of the City? Somewhere where people can socialise with food as the focus, rather than drink?
- Supporting the City’s most vulnerable. Are you concerned about the welfare of your fellow residents? Families who can’t afford to visit attractions? Young adults not in education or employment? Older people suffering from loneliness and isolation? Do you feel somebody could do something to support these groups and make our society fairer, safer and more inclusive?
- showing local people and businesses that you can still run a profitable business and do social good. Do you support our model of reinvesting all our profits in community projects? Do you want to see socially-minded local people succeed and make a difference? Want to see local, independent businesses thrive?
- Enhancing a neglected area of the City. Do you feel Piccadilly needs some life and vibrancy? Is there anything in the area currently to attract people? Could Spark:York complement the Fossgate and Walmgate uprising?
- Considering local need. Do you feel we have considered local residents in our plans (i.e. moving food outlets away from housing, removing the performance stage, limiting opening hours, holding consultation events)?
We are so grateful for your support, and look forward to welcoming you in Summer 2017 to Spark:York.